If you own a residential rental property, then the answer is definitely ‘yes’.

While you need to insure the actual house, this does not provide you with any cover for landlord’s contents which may include dishwashers, stoves, washing machines, curtains, blinds and fixed light fittings. If the house was also uninhabitable due to damage, you are not covered for any loss of rents that may result. A ‘landlord’s extension’ to your insurance cover can provide added protection for these events and more.

Talk to us today if you need to get this valuable cover in place.