Do you own a residential rental property, if the answer is yes, then you may want to read a little further...

Owning a rental property is usually the result of many years of saving and planning, and it's important to protect your property investments.

While you need to insure the actual house, this does not provide you with any cover for landlord’s contents which may include dishwashers, stoves, washing machines, curtains, blinds and fixed light fittings.

If the house was also uninhabitable due to damage, you are not covered for any loss of rents that may result. A ‘landlord’s extension’ to your insurance cover can provide added protection for these events and more.

These are some of the areas you could get covered:

  • Malicious damage caused by your tenants or their guests
  • Loss of rent caused by non-payment by tenants in specific situations including if you have to evict your tenants
  • Loss of rent if the home is uninhabitable due to a loss that’s covered by your policy
  • Landlord’s furnishings (defined items of whiteware) that you’ve supplied to your tenants

If you own a rental property and would like advice in this area please contact us for further information